Don’t we all wish we could have our naturally pink lips back, well if that’s what you want then follow these tips and whip up these lip lightening recipes and all you’ll get is rosy pink lips. But before we begin here’s a few things we should stay away from if we want to avoid dry dark lips:
What causes dark lips ? We all love our morning dose of fresh steamy coffee, but have you ever wondered if it’s good for you. The answer is pretty simple; coffee may work energetic miracles but when it comes to body benefits it isn’t all that good for us. Besides causing lifeless dry hair and frail looking skin, coffee also causes dark lips this is because of the caffeine coffee contains. Besides coffee other agents that darken your lips include, excessive smoking, hormonal imbalances, excess exposure to direct sunlight and the use of low quality lip balms and lipsticks.
So what do you do if you have dark lips, do you buy expensive products and empty your pocket until you run dry and find that nothing actually worked? I’m glad to inform you that you don’t have to spent a fortune to get rosy pink lips, all you need is regular products from your kitchen.
Here are ten amazing lip treatments for males and females that will ensure you regain that naturally pink look:
1.Sugar: sugar is a great exfoliator, using it correctly will remove dead skin cells which causes your lips to dark and dull. Follow these steps to get a perfect exfoliator:
- Mix three tablespoons of granulated sugar, (either white or brown) with a teaspoon of honey to form a tick paste. If you don’t have honey, then a teaspoon of room temperature butter will do just fine.
- Using this paste scrub your lips with either your finger or a clean tooth brush. Leave for 10 minutes and rinse off with lukewarm water. (Please don’t lick the scrub off.)
- Perform this treatment once a week and carry on for a month.
- You will notice a huge difference in softness and brightness, remember it’s good to carry on this treatment because dead skin cells will always come back if you don’t exfoliate.
2. ALMOND OIL: almond oil is great for softening and moisturising our lips. Follow these steps for soft radiant looking lips:
- To a tablespoon of honey add six drops of almond oil and mix well.
- This should be used as a lip balm, when your lips appear to be dry apply a little of this mixture and leave for 2-3 hours.
- Repeat this treatment for a week, you will notice that your lips have gotten much softer and radiant looking.
3.CUCUMBER: cucumber is known as a natural skin lightener. For lighter lips follow these simple step:
- Using a generous slice of cucumber fold, it in half and squeeze it onto your lip, make sure yours are covered well in the cucumber juice.
- Leave this on for 10-15 minutes.
- Within a week you will see amazing results.
4.POMEGRANATE: pomegranate is an amazing lip lightener. It doesn’t only lighten your lips it helps moisturise and hydrate lips. Here is an amazing lightening recipe:
- Crush a tablespoon of pomegranate seeds.
- Add half a teaspoon of milk to the crushed seeds and add two drops of rose water to the milk seed mixture.
- Form a paste and apply to your lips.
- Leave for 5-10 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- For the best results perform this lip treatment daily for two weeks.
5.OLIVE OIL: olive oil is used to make the lips appear radiant and lively. Olive oil contains the necessary nutrients to moisturise and soften your lips. Follow these steps for soft moisturised looking lips.
- Mix a teaspoon of sugar together with six drops of olive oil to form a paste.
- Scrub your lips for 5 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water.
- Perform this treatment once a week for a month.
6.ROSE: according to medical studies roses have the following three properties: cooling, soothing, and moisturising. Red roses will also aid in adding a pink tint to your lips. Follow these steps for soft and pink looking lips:
- Form a paste using the rose petals of one red rose.
- To a teaspoon of rose petal paste add a half teaspoon of honey and mix well.
- Apply to your lips and scrub for 8 minutes.
- Rinse with lukewarm water.
- For best result perform twice a week for a month.
Thank you all for reading loves, please let me know if you tried anything and how it turned out.