Our nails are undoubtedly one of the most important part of our look, no one wants to wear Prada and Chanel and have nails that look like crumbled pie or dry pastry. Here are ten steps to get the perfect manicure in the comfort of your home:
- STEP 1: Clean your nails, make sure you’ve got no nail polish on. Clean your nails using nail polish remover and good hand wipes. To ensure you don’t make any spills and to be comfortable during the process place your hands on a flat stable surface, a table will be the best bet.
- STEP 2: clip, file and buff your nails until you smile. Most times clipping isn’t necessary but nevertheless do it if need be, thereafter use a good quality file to shape your nails. The typical manicure shapes are square, round and sometimes a combination of the two. Then buff your nails, this is necessary for a smooth texture, be sure not to buff the emery board, simply buff the top and side of each nail.
- STEP 3: Push back your cuticles, this is done to give your nails a longer look, cuticles are a natural protector of bacteria so be sure not to cut it, simply soften it with lotion or oil before pushing it back slightly using a cuticle stick.
- STEP 4: ensure your hands are well moisturized, a manicure is meant not only to make your nails look good but rather also your hands. Using a good exfoliator clean your hands and the area under your nails. Wash with lukewarm water and dry well.
- STEP 5: Moisturise your hands, this is needed so that no smudges occur on your skin.
- STEP 6: Now it’s the fun part apply the first layer of base coat. A nail coat helps to keep nails looking hydrated and helps to prevent chipping. If you are prone to nail chips apply a second coat, wait two minutes for each coat to dry.
- STEP 7: chose the color of your choice and apply the first coat. Start from the cuticle and then all the way to the end of the nail, the key is long strokes. Doing this right will make the second coat much easier.
- STEP 8: After waiting for two minutes apply the second coat. If you’re looking for immense color and shine don’t shy away from applying a third coat.
- STEP 9: Now that your nails have dried from all that color, it’s time to apply the top clear coat, a top coat prevents chipping and gives a beautiful shine to your nails.
- STEP 10: Clean up the edges using an earbud, simply soak up a little nail polish remover and clean up the area around your nail. Let your nails dry for an additional five minutes, and then ‘‘drum roll’’, ENJOY YOUR NAILS!!!
Thanks for reading loves, if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to express your thoughts in the comments box below.