We all love straightening, curling and blow drying our hair but by the time we realise we’ve done it too much it’s pretty late. Damaged hair means split ends and uncontrollable frizz and the worst part is that crunchy dry feeling, if you’re one of the woman suffering from these symptoms then I’m glad to inform you, that you’re not alone. There are tons of treatments out there that can help your hair heal, this post is meant to save you from those extremely expensive treatments that don’t actually work and those salons who claim that the only way to have your silky hair back is by cutting of the damaged lot and letting your hair grow all over. Forget the expensive treatments and jot down these easy and affordable hair solutions and suggestions:
- Avoid hairstyling tools: the first thing you want to do is put your styling tools somewhere you can’t get hold of easily, this will help you resist the temptation of damaging your hair further. Once you’ve washed your hair and conditioned it allow it to sundry and apply some argan oil to it, this will help lock in moisture and your hair will take on a shiny look.
- Trim the ends: the ends of your hair is most likely going to be the most damaged. Trip if about 5cm of your hair, this will make things look much better and the nasty crunchy part will be history.
- Forget hair dyes: most hair dyes contain extremely harsh chemicals which dry your hair quite intensely, if you’re suffering from damaged hair don’t color your hair for about 6-8 months.
- Avoid swimming pools: swimming pools contain chlorine which in time will add to the damage, it’s a harsh chemical that’s bad for your hair.
Hair solutions: now that you know what to stay away from try these treatments to get your shiny, silky hair back.
- Egg magic: you’re probably thinking I’ve made a mistake but I haven’t, egg works miracles simply separate the yolk from the white, beat until the egg whites fluffy and fold in the yolk, coat your hair in this mixture for an hour and rinse with lukewarm water, after which go ahead shampoo and condition, do this 2-3 times a week for a month and you will notice hairmazing results.
- Argon potion: argon oil is literally a blessing from nature, apply a few drops to your damp hair and once its dried you’ll notice how smooth and silky it looks, you’ll forget that you actually have damaged hair. I recommend you use pure argon oil and not a blend, brands like Avon and Hask have a great selection of argon shampoo’s, conditioners and the pure oil itself.
- Banana and almond oil pack: this is such a cheap way of restoring your hair, simply mash two ripe bananas and add two tablespoons of almond oil, apply to your hair and leave for an hour, rinse with lukewarm water shampoo and condition. This will give your hair great moisture and leave it smelling great.
- Avocado hair mask: avocados are rich in protein and natural oils which can be a great solution to dry hair, mash an avocado, add a teaspoon of olive oil and blend until the mixture resembles a thick paste, apply to your hair and leave for 45 minutes, rinse with lukewarm water shampoo and condition.
Thanks for reading loves I hope you all benefitted from this post, please comment if you’ve tried anything or if you have any suggestions.