Over the years the way we apply make-up has evolved but have we ever questioned whether or not the makeup evolution has been a great one. From our fingers to make-up brushes to the modern beauty blender, all these tools have their pro’s and con’s but at the end there can only be one winner.
- Fingers: whilst some woman swear that this is the best tool for foundation application, others would never dare apply a stroke of shadow with their fingers.
- Drum roll please, fingers are free.
- Our body temperature is warm enough to allow for blending.
- No extra foundation spray or product is needed so you’ll be saving a fortune.
- You won’t have a smooth finish which could lead to a cakey look.
- Your finger will transfer excess oil to your face which will result in an oil breakout faster than usual.
- It’s a messy process.
Make-up brushes: there are tons of make-up brushes out there and each of us is sure to have something between 10-30. Most make-up professions including myself prefer this tool over any other.
- It’s great for getting to corners like the sides of the nose and underneath our eyes.
- It’s hygienic.
- Gives an even finish.
- If used correctly it’s one of the fastest way to apply foundation.
- Make-up brushes are pretty expensive.
- They don’t last very long, because of the cleaning process.
- If cheaply made it can lead to streaks.
3.Beauty blender: beauty blenders, which should bring back memories of the sponges our mothers used to use, this is one of the most popular ways of foundation and blush application.
- They are affordable.
- Allows you a lot of control.
- Creates a smooth and even finish.
- It’s exactly what the title suggests, a sponge so it’s bound to absorb loads of products.
- They can’t be cleaned very easily so you’ll have to buy then more often than make-up brushes.
- It can dry out the skin.
Well ladies there you have it the three most popular make-up tools, at the end there can only be one winner and that title belongs to the make-up brushes. Thanks for reading loves I hope you all enjoyed this post and if you have please comment below and follow for more.